The objectives of the Association shall be:
- by holding regular events on the water, to encourage the use of wooden boats.
- to encourage the retention of traditional wooden boatbuilding skills.
- to encourage the development of new methods of building wooden boats.
- to facilitate the exchange of information regarding the use of timber as a boatbuilding material.
- to record the history of wooden boatbuilding and boats, especially within Australia.
- to foster facilities for wooden boats.
- to encourage the preservation and better utilization of valuable timbers.
- to promote the use of timber and timber products as boatbuilding materials.
- to create fellowship amongst those interested in wooden boats.